Activate or deactivate log collection for a property
To better control log data that your DataStream collects for individual properties, you can update the DataStream behavior in a property configuration.
- Disable log collection for a property.
- Collect logs only from specific data streams.
It’s a quick way of overriding the global settings configured in the DataStream application and excluding a property from being part of its associated data streams. Changes you introduce in your property configuration take about 15 minutes to take effect across the Akamai platform. For example, you can quickly disable log collection for one property in a data stream on finding a security incident but keep monitoring other properties associated with this data stream.
Before you begin
- Use the top-right menu in the header to select the appropriate Control Center account (one with access to the applicable product).
Access Property Manager
configurations associated with the selected Control Center account. Go to
(or just enter Properties in the
The Property Groups page opens.
- Click the Property Name link for your property.
On the Property Details
page, click the Version of your configuration that you want to access in
The Property Manager Editor appears.
- If your property is already active, click Edit New Version to introduce your changes.
- Find the DataStream behavior in the Default Rule or custom rule and introduce your changes.
In the DataStream
section, do the following:
- Set the Enable switch to enable or disable log collection for this property.
ID(s), select the identifiers of the associated data
streams that you want to log this property's transactions. These are the
only data streams that will collect logs for this property.
Note: If you leave this field empty, the DataStream behavior collects data from all active streams associated with the property.
- On the Activate tab, click Activate v# on Production.