Review the DNSSEC integration process
This topic provides an overview of how to enable DNSSEC support for Edge DNS. Review this section before starting your DNSSEC integration.
Note: Your Edge DNS contract must include the Security Option before enabling DNSSEC.
Determine which option you would
prefer, “sign and serve” or “serve.”
- Sign and serve. Akamai manages signing the zone, key rotation, and serving the zone.
- Serve. Serve supports DNSSEC for secondary zones. You manage signing the zone and key rotation on your primary nameservers. Akamai serves the signed zone.
- Enable TSIG support on the zone.
- Set up zone transfer using Control Center.
- Update the zone file information on your name servers.
- Ensure that the zone file has correctly propagated on your name servers.
- Provide your registrar with the DNS key record available from Control Center.