Edge Redirector use cases
Managing 1000s of redirect rules
With Edge Redirector, you can support thousands of redirects for a single property. To effectively manage a large number of rules, you can group your redirects up by some characteristic of the input, such as hostname, or URL path.
Once you determine your rule groupings, you need to
- create separate policies for each redirect group, and
- configure rules in Property Manager to select which requests should be sent to which Cloudlet policy.
For example, you could
- Create an Edge Redirector policy called Products.
- Create a Property Manager rule that
filters on any request that includes
/products/*in the URL path.
- Add an Edge Redirector behavior under this rule that uses the “Products” Edge Redirector policy.
- Repeat steps 1 through 3 for each
additional redirect grouping, like
Support for URLs with special characters
If you want to redirect from a URL that includes special characters, like umlauts, you must enter URL-encoded values for the source URL path.