Add Okta as an identity provider for EAA Client
Learn how to add a third-party identity provider (IdP), like Okta, to EAA Client . Similar steps are for other third party providers like Shibboleth, PingOne, and OneLogin.
Review Add Okta as an identity provider in EAA and Integrate Okta in the EAA online help.
Before you begin
This procedure shows the additional steps required to configure Okta as an identity provider for EAA Client.
- Follow the steps described in Add an identity provider under Add Okta as an identity provider in EAA to create an identity provider. In addition, under General Settings:
Make these changes under
- Select Enable EAAClient to allow the Okta identity provider to be used with the EAA Client.
- If you have Enable Authorization selected, it lets the EAA administrator allow certain groups of users access to the application. When selected, the directory has to be configured and assigned to the identity provider. If you have Enable Authorization deselected, all authenticated users from the third-party IdPs are allowed to access the applications associated with this identity provider.
- Follow the steps Add a directory for the identity provider.
- Follow the steps Assign identity providers to an application. Optionally, if you want to assign any additional attributes, see Assign the Okta identity provider to an application and map attributes in Add Okta as an identity provider in EAA.