Save and send logs inside EAA Client
Learn to transfer logs from EAA Client to the administrator.
EAA Client logs are useful to debug issues and provide information to the help desk. Users can access logs downloaded to their computer. They can send a zipped version of the logs to the EAA administrator. This is useful when the administrator contact's support.
- Right-click the EAA Client icon on the Windows desktop toolbar or the Mac menu bar.
- Click EAA Client icon .
- Click Options.
Logs section, select the verbosity level of the logs
depending on how much information is required:
- High. Sends debug information about EAA Client and connectivity to native applications. This option can slow down the performance of the EAA Client, since the logs can be long. It is intended for troubleshooting purposes for Akamai support and engineering.
- Medium. Sends information messages to support about EAA Client.
- Low. Default setting. Sends only the error logs to eaaclient.log for troubleshooting purposes. It could be errors in theEAA Client itself or connectivity between the native applications and the EAA Client on the machine.
You can perform any of these:
By default, the EAA Client logs are stored here on the user’s machine:
- To send the logs to the EAA administrator, click Click to send logs. In the backend, these logs are zipped.
- To save the logs to your machine, click Click to save. This saves a zip file on your machine that includes the activity.log, akamai_dpclient.log, eaaclient.log, stderr.log, and stdout.log files.
- On Windows: C:\EAAClient\log
- On Mac: /opt/wapp/log/ or /opt/wapp/run/eaaclient.log
You can choose another folder or directory to save the five log files as a zip file. The logs are readable. You can open them in a text reader of your choice to view them and should see a log similar to this sample eaaclient.log file: