Move applications from one connector and assign to another connector
Re-assign applications from one connector to another.
Before you begin
To move applications associated with an old connector, you will need to select the application/s, add the new connector, deploy the changes, and then remove the old connector, and re-deploy the applications.
For example, the applications, mk_jira and jira_remoteheader needs to be moved from the old connector, ncal-aws-connector to connector2019:
For this example, select the two
applications, mk_jira and jira_remoteheader.
- Select the new connector, Connector2019.
Click Assign Connector.
The two applications should have both the connectors assigned to them.
Click Apply Changes, to make the changes go into effect.
You will see a window that summarizes all of the changes made to your selected
If the changes are correct,
Changes to start the deployment process. You will see updates in
the Deployment Status column changing from Queued > Deploying App . > Application is deployed.
After the changes are deployed correctly, you will see:
Note: Each application connector deployment takes about 2.5 minutesNote: To cancel any changes before starting the deployment process, click Return to Mainscreen, then click Discard Changes.Note:
If you have made any configuration changes to the application and did not deploy the application, it is Ready to Deploy state. If you launch the EAA Application Connector Toolbox to migrate this application to a new connector, you will see Deploy via portal message in the Deployment Status section of the Summary of Changes window. It indicates you should go back to the EAA Management portal, deploy the application, confirm that the application status is Application Successfully Deployed, and verify the application works. Launch the EAA Application Connector Toolbox to migrate this application to the new connector. If you have many such applications, generate a csv file using Export results (as in step 12) and deploy all of the applications, and then use the EAA Application Connector Toolbox to migrate to new connector.
- Click, Return to Mainscreen. This takes you back to the EAA - Application Connector Toolbox. Select the mk_jira and jira_remoteheader applications.
- Select the old connector, ncal-aws-connector.
- Click Remove Connector. The connector gets removed from the applications in the Select Applications section.
- Click Apply Changes, to make the changes go into effect.
- If the changes are correct, click Deploy Changes. You will see updates in the Deployment Status column changing from Queued > Deploying App . > Application is deployed.
Verify the two applications have the new connector. Login to the EAA Management
portal, select the mk_jira application, and it should be deployed with the new
- To obtain a report of all the changes in csv form, click Export Results. A csv file, deploymentsummary_date_timestamp.csv is exported to your laptop, where date_timestamp is in UTC time format.