Prerequisites needed before you can run the connector migration script.
- Python 2.7.x version installed on
a Windows or MAC machine. It does not work with python 3.x (3 or higher)
version. Download it from the Python official URL. MAC machine have
python installed. Check the version is 2.7.x. For windows, enable these
customizations during installation:This customization allows
Note: If you already have python 2.7.x installed and do not have pip, you can install it. Open a terminal window, login as administrator and type the command:
- Environment variables
to be setup in Windows environment, so that python command will work
on command line in a shell. It also sets up the PYTHONPATH
environment variable. With this customized installation, python path
variable has been set to:On windows, you can check the setting of a variable, using the command, echo%PYTHONPATH%. For this setting, you see:
- Python package manager - pip directly available with the python 2.7 installation, so that pip command will work on command line in a shell.
curl https://bootstrap.pypa.io/get-pip.py -o get-pip.py sudo python get-pip.py
- Environment variables to be setup in Windows environment, so that python command will work on command line in a shell. It also sets up the PYTHONPATH environment variable. With this customized installation, python path variable has been set to:
- You should have OpenSSL which
supports TLS 1.2 installed with python 2.7.x installation for the connector
migration script to run. If you are using old versions of python 2.7.x, OpenSSL
which might not be installed. In this case, you will see TLS error when you run
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'PROTOCOL_TLSv1_2'
You should upgrade to the recent version of python 2.7.x releases.
- Download the latest version of Enterprise Application Access SDK (EAA-SDK) and install it.
- Install the connector migration tool. This
downloads the connector migration files,
- API credentials for the tenant. If you do not have the API credentials, you can create a new API key and secret credentials.
- If you already have an EAA-SDK API credentials, copy it in apikeys file.
- Create a new connector in EAA, for example Connector2019. For help, see Create and download a connector for EAA in EAA documentation.
- Verify that the connector has the latest Ubuntu 18.04 OS version.