Rename a connector
Rename an existing Enterprise Application Access (EAA) connector that is in production. This name change will automatically apply to applications that are associated with the connector. This process is not recommended.
The connector name in the EAA portal can differ from the name of the VM instances where the connector is deployed. The connector name specified on Control Center, is a way to identify the connector to attach to applications. The name that you assign to a connector that you deploy in their environment (either VMware or the EAA portal) is for user-friendly identification. You can keep the names for both the EAA portal and VMware the same or make them different.
- Log in to the Enterprise Application Access (EAA) Management Portal.
- From the top menu bar, click Connectors[Connector card]Settings.
- Enter the new connector name in the Name field.
After the connector is renamed, the associated applications will have the new name.
- Click the APPLICATIONS tab and select an application that used the connector's original name.
- Verify the connector name has change. Click the GENERAL tab and check the Associated connectors field for the new name.
- Click Save and exit.
For the changes to go into effect, Deploy the application.