Set up Cisco WebEx Spark as the SP and EAA as the IdP
How to set up the Cisco WebEx Spark application as a service provider (SP) and EAA is the identity provider (IdP).
Access Cisco WebEx Spark.
- Register for a Cisco WebEx trial account at https://www.webex.com/pricing/free-trial.html?sp=wm.
- You receive an email prompting you to fill out the fields to create an account.
- You receive your own WebEx URL. For example, eaa.my.webex.com.
Create a new application in EAA.
See Configure EAA as the IdP for a custom SaaS
- Under the SAML settings tab of the application you are creating, go to the IdP info section.
- Copy the prepopulated Entity ID, Single sign on (ACS) URL, Single logout URL, and Signing certificate information. You will need this data to configure the Cisco WebEx Spark SP.
- Click Download next to Metadata to download the XML file containing required configuration onto your local machine. You will also need this data to configure the Cisco WebEx Spark SP.
- Do not deploy the application at this time. You need to fill out the SAML settings fields with Spark data before you can deploy.
Configure WebEx Cisco Spark as
- Log in with your Cisco WebEx trial account credentials at https://admin.ciscospark.com/login.
on the left panel and then click the Modify
button under Authentication.
The Enterprise Settings
Single Sign-On page appears. Click Integrate 3rd party
identity provider (Advanced) and then click Next.
The Enterprise Export
Directory Metadata page appears. Click Download Metadata
File and save it. You need this file to complete the EAA IdP configuration in Step 4a. Stay at this step on the
Spark page and go to Step 4.
Go back to the EAA
IdP application and configure the SAML settings under the SAML SETTINGS tab to
complete the EAA setup.
Extract the SAML setting
information by going through the Spark metadata file you saved in Step
3d. You can do this by using the cat command
from a terminal window and copying the required lines. For
Paste the extracted
information into the Entity
ID, SSO (ACS)
URL, Request signing
certificate, and Single logout
URL fields of the EAA portal’s SAML Settings section of the SAML SETTINGS tab
and click Save
and go to Deployment. Do not click Deploy
- Extract the SAML setting information by going through the Spark metadata file you saved in Step 3d. You can do this by using the cat command from a terminal window and copying the required lines. For example;
Go back to the Spark page you started in Step 3d.
Click Next. The Enterprise Settings Import IdP
Metadata page appears.
Download or copy the EAA IdP metadata you saved in Step 2c and click Next.
If the upload was successful the following page appears. Do not do anything on this page now.
- Click Next. The Enterprise Settings Import IdP Metadata page appears.
Go back to the EAA
IdP application and click Deploy
application to complete the EAA
Go back to the Spark Enterprise
Test SSO Setup page and click Test SSO. This
should open a new window, taking you to the EAA
login portal. After logging in it should display the following success
Go back to Spark and click Enable Single Sign On and the
Verify the Spark setup.
Note: At this time you cannot verify the EAA IdP setup on Spark.
- Access your own WebEx Cisco Spark URL. For example, eaa.my.webex.com.
- Click Sign in to start the session.