Set a temporary lockout for multiple failed login attempts
- Log in to the Enterprise Application Access (EAA) Management Portal
- From the top menu bar click .
- Locate the identity provider (IdP) you wish to configure or Add a new identity provider.
Click the Settings (gear)
The IdP General Settings page opens.
- Click Advanced Settings.
- Select Temporary Account Lockout on Login Failures.
- In the Account Lockout Failed Attempts field, enter the number of attempts a user is allowed before they are temporarily locked out. The default attempts setting is 5.
- In the Account Lockout Duration field, enter the number of minutes the user is locked out. If no value is entered, the default duration is set to 15 minutes.
- To save the changes click Save & Exit or Save and go to Deployment.
For the changes to go into effect, Deploy the identity provider.