Associate a certificate for using your own domain for your application
How to associate a self-signed certificate or uploaded certificate to an application when you use your own external domain.
Add a certificate to EAA
Before you begin
When you use your own domain for your application and a certificate that matches the domain is associated with the application, users will be able to securely communicate to the EAA Cloud. Remember:
- If you use an Akamai domain, you do not need to provide a certificate.
- If you use your own domain, you can have Akamai generate a certificate for you or you can select to use an uploaded certificate from an authorized certificate authority (CA). Akamai recommends that you provide your own certificate. See Add a certificate to EAA.
Note: 14 days before the certificates expire, the applications will be changed to "Deployment Not Ready" state. You should renew the certificate before expiry and re-deploy the application, although the application would work fine during the expiration warning period.
Note: In some cases, you may need to provide an intermediate certificate from your domain provider. When pasting your standard certificate into the Cert field, simply paste in the intermediate certificate below it.
- Log in to the Enterprise Application Access (EAA) Management Portal.
- From the top menu bar click Applications.
- Locate the application you need. If necessary, you can search for an application by entering the application name in the Search Apps field at the top of the page. The applications with names that match the search value appear. Select the application you want from the list.
- Click Settings GENERAL.
- In the External host name field, select your domain.
To use a self-signed certificate
generated by EAA:
- In the External Domain Certificate section, select Use self-signed certificate.
Click Generate self-signed
A message indicates that the application is using a self-signed certificate.
- To use an uploaded certificate:
- Select Use uploaded certificates.
- In the menu that appears, select a certificate.
- Click Save.