Enable or disable multi-factor authentication for each directory
Enable or disable multi-factor authentication (MFA) for each directory on an application. By default, the directory inherits the MFA settings from the application. You can override this in the directory MFA settings.
If you have two active directories (ADs) assigned to the IdP of an application, for example, one is AD San Francisco and the other is AD New York, use this procedure to select just one directory to have MFA for the application.
- Log in to the EAA Management Portal.
- From the top menu bar, click Applications.
- Click Settings > AUTHENTICATION.
Click Directory MFA settings on the directory card you
want to configure.
The Settings dialog appears. This dialog lets you:
- Override Use Application Setting (Default) by deselecting it for this application.
- Require all users to enter MFA before accessing this application by selecting Enable.
- Disable MFA by selecting Disable. This does not require users to enter MFA as the other applications under IdP will keep the same MFA settings.
- Click Save.
- Click Save and exit.