Install a connector in a Microsoft Azure environment
How to deploy a connector in Microsoft Azure.
Make sure your Microsoft Azure account and billing are set up before installing an EAA connector.
Before you begin
Install a connector in a Microsoft Azure virtual environment. This procedure assumes that an Azure administrator created a resource group necessary for template deployments. To create a resource group, refer to the Microsoft Azure documentation on managing resource groups in Azure portal.
If the connector secures web applications, use at minimum a Standard_A2. If the connector is being used to secure RDP/VDI type applications, use at minimum a Standard_A8.
- Create and download a connector in EAA.
- Log in to your Microsoft Azure portal.
- Deploy the EAA connector template in Azure. From the left-hand menu, click New.
- In the search field, type template deployment, and select Template deployment.
- In the Template Deployment page, click Create.
In the Custom deployment page, click
Build your own template in the editor.
The Edit template page appears.
- Replace all properties and elements in the template file with the contents of the connector file:
- Manually delete everything in the template file.
- Paste the contents of the connector file.
- Click Save.
Basics or the basic settings:
- In the Subscription menu, select a type of subscription.
- For the Resource group, select Use existing, and in the menu, select your resource group.
- In the Location menu, select the location where resources are located.
In the Settings
area of the page:
- In the Vnet Resource Group field, enter the resource group of the virtual network.
- In the Admin Password field, enter the administrator password of the virtual machine.
- In the Subnet Name field, enter the name of the subnet in the virtual network.
- In the Admin Username field, enter the administrator username of the virtual machine.
- In the Existing Virtual Network Name field, enter the name of the virtual network.
- Review the Terms and Conditions, then select I agree to the terms and conditions stated above.
- Click Purchase.
- Next, Verify that the connector was successfully created in Microsoft Azure or continue to deploy a second Azure template.
Verify that the connector was successfully created in Microsoft Azure.