Search EAA for a directory user, group, or organizational unit
Confirm the directory is reachable. Test connectivity between the directory and connector.
Before you begin
Complete this procedure if your search for an expected user, group, or organizational unit (OU) for a directory fails. To learn more about directories in EAA, see Directories.
- Log in to the EAA Management Portal as an administrator.
- From the top menu bar select .
- Make sure your directory configuration is up to date. Locate the directory card you want to test and click Sync. Wait two to five minutes for the EAA directory configuration to sync across the cloud.
- Click .
In the Directory group search field, type the group name
or OU and click Search.
The search results appear below. In this example, we search the directory for a directory group named tech writers and no results are found.
Make sure the directory is reachable. See Test connectivity between the directory and connector and Review directory diagnostics and domain information
Make sure that the number of groups in the directory is correct. Return the to
directory card and verify that the number of groups listed is correct.
Make sure that the user, group, or OU you searched for is part of the
- From the directory card click Users. The directory users page appears.
- From the directory card click Groups. The directory groups and OU page appears.
If the user, group or OU is not present on this page, add the user, group, or
OU to the directory.
- For users, see Add users to the cloud directory.
- For groups or OUs, click either Add overlay group, Add group, or Add OU and follow the onscreen directions.
- Click Save.
- Return to the directory card and click Sync.
- Search for the directory group or OU ( ) again.
The directory group or OU appears in the search results.
What you should see
If you need to continue troubleshooting, see Troubleshooting overview and tips.