Configure the user-facing authentication mechanism
- Active Directory (AD)
- Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)
- Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services (AD LDS)
If certificate authentication is enabled, you also have the option to select Certificate Only as a user-facing authentication mechanism. For more information on certificate-based authentication, see User-facing authentication mechanism for applications and Certificate-based authentication in the IdP.
- If you are creating a new application, see Add an application to EAA. If you are modifying an existing application, continue to step 2.
- Log in to the Enterprise Application Access (EAA) Management Portal.
- From the top menu bar click Applications.
- Locate the application card you wish to configure advanced settings for. If necessary, search for an application by entering the application name in the Search Apps field at the top of the page. Select the application you want from the list.
- Click .
- If there is no identity provider assigned, assign an identity provider:
- Click Assign Identity Provider and select an identity provider from the list.
- Click Save & go to Services.
- Click the ADVANCED SETTINGS tab.
- In the Authentication section, go to the User-facing Authentication Mechanism menu.
- Select one of the following:
- certificate only
- Click Save & Exit.