Enable or disable multi-factor authentication for each application
This procedure is useful when you need global multi-factor authentication (MFA) for an idenity provider (IdP) but you need to exclude an application from using the MFA policy of the IdP. Or, you do not have a global MFA policy, but you want to add a custom MFA policy for only one application.
- Log in to the EAA Management Portal.
- From the top menu bar, click Applications.
- Click the application card for the application you want to configure.
- Click Settings > AUTHENTICATION.
Click MFA Settings.
The MFA Settings dialog appears. This dialog lets you:
- Override Use Global MFA Setting (Default) by deselecting it for this application
- Require users to enter MFA by selecting Enable.
- Disable MFA by selecting Disable. This will not require users to enter MFA while the rest of the applications under that IdP will keep the same MFA settings.
- Require users to enter MFA every time they log in to the application by selecting Force MFA.
- Click Save on the dialog.
- Click Save and exit on the application.