Configure SAML for an Access application
When you use SAML as the application-facing authentication mechanism for an EAA Access application, you need to select it in the application’s advanced settings. You then go to the native application and enter the EAA application SAML IdP settings. EAA provides an option to download this metadata so that it may be uploaded to the native application. You may also manually enter the information into the native application.
- Log in to the EAA Management Portal.
- From the top menu bar, click .
In the Application-facing
Authentication Mechanism field, select SAML.
- Click Save & go to SAML Settings. The SAML settings tab appears.
- Click Download Metadata Fileand save it in a safe place.
- Now you need to configure the native application SSO settings. In a new browser window, open the native application.
- Each native application’s settings may vary. Navigate to the native application SSO configuration section.
- Enter the SAML settings as they appear in EAA. You may also have the option to upload the EAA SAML metadata file here.
- Save the configuration of the native application. The native application may provide additional information, such as end points, certificates, or additional user attributes.
- Keep the native application window open and return to the EAA application SAML settings window. Manually enter the end points and other SSO/SAML related attributes that the native application provided.
- Review the user attributes in the EAA application SAML settings against those of the native application. Make sure that the attribute fields in the EAA application SAML settings match those of the native application.
Some native applications need
attribute statements. If your native application needs them, enter the attribute
name and name id format into the EAA application SAML settings fields.
- Click Save & go to Deployment.
Deploy the application. See Deploy the application.