Self-enroll the third-party OTP device
If your company has enabled third-party OTP devices as the secondary authentication method in Akamai MFA, you can enroll your mobile app authenticator in the service.
The third-party OTP devices are mobile apps such as Duo Mobile, Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, Okta Verify, or any other mobile app that generates TOTP (time-based one-time passcodes) after scanning the QR code.
To enroll and activate your third-party OTP device, you have to pair the mobile app on your trusted device with the Akamai MFA back end, and, next, you can use passcodes to authenticate to your enterprise applications.
Before you begin
You have installed on your trusted mobile device Duo Mobile, Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, Okta Verify, or any other mobile app that generates TOTP (time-based one-time passcodes) after scanning the QR code.
- When you are redirected to the Akamai MFA, in the Set up Multi-factor Authentication dialog, click Enroll a device.
In Select a device to enroll, select one of the
- To enroll your smartphone, select Phone, and click Next. And, in What kind of phone do you have, select Smartphone (iOS or Android), and click Next.
- To enroll your tablet of iPad, select Tablet, and click Next.
- In Choose a provider, select Authenticator App.
- Open your account in the third-party mobile app that you have installed on your mobile device.
- Scan the QR code or enter manually the code displayed on your computer.
- In Enter a nickname, optionally enter the nickname for your mobile device.
In Enter the six-digit code from the application, enter
the verification code that you received on your mobile device, and click
Now that you’ve registered your third-party OTP device in Akamai MFA, you can start using it to respond to authentication challenges.