Create a location
When creating a location, you enter the IP address or addresses that belong to a region or geographic area in your network, such as a CIDR block for an office branch or company headquarters. Make sure the CIDR block you provide includes the external IP address of your Active Directory or the local DNS server that is used to communicate with ETP.
In the navigation menu, select
. Click the plus sign icon. Note: If you are trying the new Enterprise Center interface, in the navigation menu, select . Click the icon and select Add new location.
- In the Location Name field, enter a name or identifier for the location.
- In the Description field, enter a description for the location.
In the IPs/CIDRs field, enter an
IP address or CIDR block in this format and click the check mark icon:
- IPAddress is the IPv4 or IPv6 address.
- n is the bit prefix. For an IPv4 address, this value must be between 24 and 32. For an IPv6 address, this value must be between 120 and 128.
You can provide multiple IP addresses or CIDR blocks. If you enter more than one address, each address appears as a separate item in the field.
- If the policies you need are already created, in the Policy menu, select a policy. Otherwise, you can assign a location to a policy when configuring the policy, or if preferred, you can edit this location at a later time.
- Click Save.