Set up an identity connector in a Microsoft Azure environment
Before you begin
- Make sure your Microsoft Azure account and billing are set up before installing an identity connector.
- Create and download the connector file for Microsoft Azure. For instructions, see Create and download an identity connector.
Use this procedure to set up an identity connector in a Microsoft Azure virtual environment. This procedure assumes that an Azure administrator created a resource group necessary for template deployments. To create a resource group, refer to the Microsoft Azure product documentation.
If the connector secures web applications, use at minimum a Standard_A2. If the connector is being used to secure RDP/VDI type applications, use at minimum a Standard_A8.
- Log in to your Microsoft Azure portal.
- From the left-hand menu, click New.
- In the search field, type template deployment, and select Template deployment.
- In the Template Deployment page, click Create.
In the Custom deployment
page, click Build your
own template in the editor.
The Edit template page appears.
Replace all properties and
elements in the template file with the contents of the connector file:
- Manually delete everything in the template file.
- Paste the contents of the connector file.
- Click Save.
Configure the Basics or the
- In the Subscription menu, select a type of subscription.
- For the Resource group, select Use existing, and in the menu, select your resource group.
- In the Location menu, select the location where resources are located.
In the Settings area of
- In the Vnet Resource Group field, enter the resource group of the virtual network.
- In the Admin Password field, enter the administrator password of the virtual machine.
- In the Subnet Name field, enter the name of the subnet in the virtual network.
- In the Admin Username field, enter the administrator username of the virtual machine.
- In the Existing Virtual Network Name field, enter the name of the virtual network.
- Review the Terms and Conditions, then select I agree to the terms and conditions stated above.
- Click Purchase.
Verify that the connector was successfully created or if you prefer, deploy a second Azure template. For more information, see Verify that the connector was successfully created in Microsoft Azure.