Specifying URLs in lists
When specifying URLs in lists, observe the following:
- Omit the protocol (e.g., HTTP//) and port number.
- Entering a domain name covers all sub-domains.
- Wildcards are not supported, but are assumed at both ends of the URL. For example, example.com is equivalent to entering .example.com/.
- Query parameters are supported, but require exact matching. Only use query parameters if you want to specify a single specific URL (see example below).
- URLs are normalized in the Control Center user interface, as follows:
- Only the host, path, and query elements are retained. Remaining elements are discarded.
- All characters are converted to lowercase.
- IPv4/IPv6 host canonicalization.
- Path canonicalization.
- You may specify a maximum of 20 sub-domains.
- The same URL can be specified in a maximum of 8 different lists.
|example.com||Includes the example
domain and all subdomains, including:
|marketing.example.com||Specifies the marketing subdomain in example.com.|
|example.com/path/||Includes all URLs under /path.|
When including query parameters, only exact matches are supported:
This entry does not match the following: