Create a location
When creating a location, enter the IP address or addresses that belong to a region or geographic area in your network, such as a CIDR block for an office branch or company headquarters. Make sure that the CIDR block you provide includes the external IP address of your Active Directory or the local DNS server that is used to communicate with Enterprise Threat Protector (ETP).
You must be an ETP super administrator, delegated administrator, or tenant administrator to complete this task.
- In the Enterprise Center navigation menu, select Add new location. . Click the icon and select
- In the Location name field, enter a name or identifier for the location.
- In the Description field, enter a description for the location.
- If the policies you need are already created, select a policy from the Policy menu. Otherwise, assign a location to a policy when configuring it or edit this location later.
To enter a domain, IP address, or a CIDR
block, click the link icon.
- To configure a location with dynamic DNS, in the Dynamic DNS Provider field, enter the domain or domains that are registered with the dynamic DNS provider.
To configure static IP addresses or
CIDR blocks, in the Static IP Addresses field, enter an IP address or CIDR block in
- IPAddress is the IPv4 or IPv6 address.
- n is the bit prefix. The maximum CIDR block for IPv4 is /16 and for IPv6 it is /48.
You can provide multiple IP addresses or CIDR blocks. If you enter more than one address, each address appears as a separate item in the field.
- Click Save.
- Click Save.
- If you want to create a new policy for this location, see Create a policy.
- If this location is assigned with the policy you need, deploy the location configuration to the ETP network. For instructions see Deploy configuration changes.
- To associate a sub-location to a location, see Add a sub-location.