Create a location
When creating a location, enter the IP address or addresses that belong to a region or geographic area in your network, such as a CIDR block for an office branch or company headquarters. Make sure that the CIDR block you provide includes the external IP address of your Active Directory or the local DNS server that is used to communicate with Enterprise Threat Protector (ETP).
You must be an ETP super administrator, delegated administrator, or tenant administrator to complete this task.
In the navigation menu, select
. Click the plus sign icon. Note: If you are trying the new Enterprise Center interface, in the navigation menu, select . Click the icon and select Add new location.
- In the Location name field, enter a name or identifier for the location.
- In the Description field, enter a description for the location.
- If the policies you need are already created, select a policy from the Policy menu. Otherwise, assign a location to a policy when configuring it or edit this location later.
In the provided field, enter an IP
address or CIDR block in this format:
- IPAddress is the IPv4 or IPv6 address.
- n is the bit prefix. For an IPv4 address, this value must be between 24 and 32. For an IPv6 address, this value must be between 120 and 128.
You can provide multiple IP addresses or CIDR blocks. If you enter more than one address, each address appears as a separate item in the field.Note: Support for dynamic DNS is currently in limited availability. Organizations with access to this feature can configure a domain name for the location. For more information, see Locations and dynamic DNS.
- Click the check mark icon.
If you want to exempt a computer,
server, or device from authentication, enter its internal IP address in the Bypass IPs
- In the Bypass IPs section, click the link icon.
- In the dialog, click the plus sign icon.
- Enter the IP addresses of computers and devices that you want except from authentication.
- Click OK.
- Click Save.