After completing the preparation steps, you can download the desktop client from Enterprise Threat Protector. Before distributing the client, an administrator must test it and then approve the client for use in their network.
- verifies the digital signature and SHA-256 checksum value of the ETP Client files.
- tests ETP Client in an environment that contains the same network configuration, VPN, and security applications as production.
- If an administrator distributes the client with device management software to enterprise machines across their organization, the administrator uses an entitlement code.
- If an administrator installs the client on a user's personal computer, an administrator can use an entitlement code or an activation code to activate the client.
- If a user installs the client on their personal computer, they use an activation code to activate the client. For more information on the activation code, see Bring your own device (BYOD) support.
For more information about the complete setup process, see Set up ETP desktop client.