Search for network traffic connections
You can search for network connections in the Network Traffic report. Traffic data appears based on applied filters and the dimension or criteria you select. Search functionality is available to locate specific data in the Connections area.
In the navigation menu, select
. Click the Note: If you are trying the new Enterprise Center interface, in the navigation menu, select .
- To filter data based on date and time, see Filter data based on date and time.
- To configure and apply a filter, see Configure and apply a filter.
- Select a dimension or criteria to define what data is shown.
- In the search field provided for grouped values, enter the dimension or criteria value. For example, if you select to show data based on domain, this means that events are grouped by domain. In this case, you would enter a domain.
- To search all connections associated with the dimension you selected, click the arrow icon for all filtered connections. For example, if you selected Destination Ports as a dimension, the All Destination Ports group is available and includes all destinations ports for all connections. All connection information appears in a table format. Go to step 8.
- To search for a specific event that is part of a dimension group, click the arrow icon associated with the dimension value. For example, if events are grouped by destination port, this action shows connections that are associated with a specific destination port. A list of connections appear in a table format.
- In the provided search field, enter a data value that is associated with the connection. For example, you can enter the location, connection start time, end time, and more. The value you search for should match a value in one of the table columns.