Bypass Microsoft 365 traffic
The Bypass Microsoft 365 Traffic setting allows ETP to quickly identify and resolve requests to Microsoft apps and services. With this setting, domains and IP addresses that are associated with Microsoft Office apps, Outlook, cloud storage, and more bypass ETP Proxy scanning. This one-click option automatically retrieves the latest domains and IP addresses from Microsoft to ensure requests are securely bypassed. By leveraging Akamai’s network of servers, this setting provides optimal routing to access these services.
Complete this procedure to enable the Bypass Microsoft 365 Traffic setting. This procedure provides steps for modifying an existing policy.
- In the Enterprise Center navigation menu, select .
- Click the name of the policy that you want to edit.
- Click the Settings tab.
In the Proxy Settings area:
- Make sure the Enable Proxy toggle is turned on.
- Enable Bypass Microsoft 365 Traffic.
- In the Other Settings area, enable Forward Public IP to Origin. This setting is recommended when you optimize Microsoft 365 traffic.
- Click Save.
Deploy the policy to the ETP network. For instructions, see Deploy configuration changes.