Assign AD to the Azure identity provider
Add AD to ETP. For instructions, see Add a directory.
Before you begin
Complete this procedure to assign your Active Directory (AD) to your Microsoft Azure AD third-party SAML identity provider.
To review the overall setup process for adding Azure as a third-party SAML identity provider, see Set up Microsoft Azure as a third-party SAML identity provider.
In the navigation menu, select
.Note: If you are trying the new Enterprise Center interface, in the navigation menu, select .
- Click the name of the Azure identity provider.
- Click the Directories tab.
- Click the link icon and select the AD that you added.
- Click Associate.
- Confirm that users are synchronized and appear in ETP, including the user you associated with the application in Azure AD.
- Deploy the identity provider. For instructions, see Deploy configuration changes.
- If this is the first Azure identity provider that you are creating, add the Azure identity provider domains to an exception list. See Add identity provider domains to an exception list.
- Associate the identity provider with a policy that’s enabled for authentication. For more information, see Require authentication to access websites in an AUP category.
- Test single sign-on (SSO). After you assign the identity provider to a policy for authentication, you can try to access a website that requires authentication with the test user account you created.