Import a certificate into an Internet Explorer instance
Complete this procedure to import a certificate to an instance of Internet Explorer (IE) on a single user’s machine. This procedure applies to Internet Explorer 11.
In IE, go to Internet
- In the main menu, select .
- Click the gear icon and select Internet options.
- In the dialog, click the Content tab.
- Click Certificates.
- Click the Trusted Root Certificate Authorities tab.
- Click Import.
- Click Next.
- Browse or type the location where the certificate is stored, and click Next
- Make sure that Place all certificates in the following store is selected, and click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Open the certificate and confirm information such as the issuer and expiration date is correct.
- After the certificate is activated in ETP, confirm that the certificate is used
when navigating to a URL. Do the following:
- Right-click the webpage and select Properties.
- In the Properties dialog, click Certificates.
- View general information such as the issuer and associated dates. Click Details to view more information.