Configure and upload a file hash exception list text file
You can modify template text files that you downloaded from Enterprise Threat Protector (ETP) or you can create text files that contain the hashes you need.
- You must be an ETP administrator to upload list text files.
- Each hash must be on a separate line in the text file.
- If you are modifying a template file, replace the examples in the text file with the hashes you want to add.
- Make sure you provide SHA-256 hashes that are formatted with 64 hexadecimal characters.
To download a template file where you can enter and upload list content, see Download a list template file. If you prefer adding file hashes without using text files, see Add a file hash exception list.
- In a new text file or a downloaded template text file, enter file hashes. Each entry must be on a separate line. If you are modifying a template file, replace the hashes included in the file with the file hashes that you want to add to the list.
- Save the file to an accessible location on your computer.
If you are not already on the configuration page for a file hash list:
- In the Enterprise Center navigation menu, select .
- Click the name of the file hash list that you want to edit or click the edit icon that appears when you hover over the list.
Upload the text file that you configured:
- Click the upload icon.
- In the browser file search window, locate and select the text file you need.
- Click Save.