Configure and upload a file hash list text file
When configuring a file hash list, you can upload text files that contain hash values. This procedure expedites the list configuration process because it allows you to add multiple hashes at once.
You can modify template text files that you downloaded from Enterprise Threat Protector (ETP) or you can create text files that contain the hashes you need.
- You must be an ETP administrator to upload list text files.
- Each hash must be on a separate line in the text file.
- If you are modifying a template file, replace the examples in the text file with the hashes you want to add.
- Make sure the hashes are in SHA-256 format.
- In a new text file or a downloaded template text file, enter file hashes. Each entry must be on a separate line. If you are modifying a template file, replace the hashes included in the file with the file hashes that you want to add to the list.
- Save the file to an accessible location on your computer.
If you are not already on the configuration page for a file hash list:
In the navigation menu,
.Note: If you are trying the new Enterprise Center interface, in the navigation menu, select .
- Click the name of the file hash list that you want to edit or click the edit icon that appears when you hover over the list.
- In the navigation menu, select .
Upload the text file that you configured:
- Click the upload icon.
- In the browser file search window, locate and select the text file you need.
- Click Save.
Deploy list changes to the ETP network. For instructions, see Deploy configuration changes.