Configure and upload a custom exception list text file
You can modify template text files that you downloaded from Enterprise Threat Protector (ETP) or you can create separate text files that contain the domain and IP address information you need.
- You must be an ETP administrator to upload exception list text files.
- You must provide a list of domains and IP addresses in separate text files.
- Each domain or IP address must be on a separate line in the text file.
- If you are creating a text file
with domains, you must provide domains in the format:
- subdomain1 and subdomain2 are subdomains in the domain name.
- domain is the second-level domain.
- .com is the top-level domain or domain extension.
- If you are modifying a template file, replace the examples in the text file with the domain or IP address information you need.
To download a text file template for known or suspected domains or IP addresses, see Download a list template file. If you prefer to add exception list domains or IP addresses without using text files, see Add a custom exception list.
Configure separate text files
for exception list domains and IP addresses:
- In a new text file or a downloaded template text file, provide the information that is specific to the list content. For example, for an IP address text file, list the IP addresses. Each entry must be on a separate line. If you are modifying a template file, replace the domain or IP address information with the information you need.
- Save the file to an accessible location on your computer.
- Repeat steps 1a and 1b for every text file that you are uploading. Make sure that each IP address or domain entry is on a separate line in the text file.
If you are not already on the configuration page for an exception list:
- In the Enterprise Center navigation menu, select .
- Click the name of the exception list that you want to edit or click the edit icon that appears when you hover over the list.
Upload the text files that you configured:
- Go to the tab that corresponds to the text file you want to upload. For example, if you want to upload text files that contain IP addresses, go to the Exception List IPs tab.
- Click upload icon.
- In the browser file search window, locate and select the text file you need.
- Repeat steps 3a to 3c for all the text files you want to upload.