Install ETP Client with setup wizard
Before you begin
- Make sure that you have a downloaded Windows or Mac installation file for an ETP Client version that is later than 1.2.2. For more information, see Download ETP Client.
- Make sure that you verified the SHA-256 checksum value. For more information, see Validate the SHA-256 checksum.
- Make sure that you have the entitlement code.
- If you are installing ETP Client 3.2.0 or later on Windows and Microsoft Visual C++ is not on the machine, install the redistributable package of Visual Studio (vc_redist.x86.exe). To download this package, see Microsoft documentation on the latest supported versions of Visual C++.
- Make sure Web Proxy Auto-Discovery (WPAD) for WinHTTP is running on Windows computers. For more information, see Web Proxy Auto-Discovery (WPAD) on Windows.
These steps describe the installation process with the ETP Client setup wizard. You can perform these steps on a Mac or Windows machine. Test ETP Client in a local environment before installing it on end-user machines.
[global] cert = /path/certificate.pem
- path is the path to the certificate
- certificate is the name of the certificate
Open the installation
where <versionNumber> is the version number of ETP Client.The client setup wizard appears.
- On Windows: etpclient_<versionNumber>_win.msi
- On Mac: etpclient_<versionNumber>_osx.pkg
- Click Next.
- When prompted, enter the entitlement code that was provided to you and click Next. The Setup Wizard installs ETP Client.
- When the installation is complete, click Finish. ETP Client is now installed on the end user’s machine and is accessible from the Windows toolbar or Mac menu bar.