Configure the management interface
The management interface defines where traffic flows for administering the VM, exporting logs, and performing operations on the security connector. For DNS Forwarder, the management interface connects to the Internet and is responsible for resolving the request with ETP through DNS over TLS (DoT).
By default, the management (Mgmt) interface is configured to use the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP). As a result, these settings may already be configured.
You can configure the interface with a static IP address. If you do so, confirm that you provide a valid IPv4 address for a static configuration. Currently, the security connector does not support IPv6.
Note: The management interface is not encrypted and operates over TCP port 3000. As a result, configure the management interface on a secure or isolated segment of your network.
- In the Security Connector main menu, press 2 or use the arrow keys to select Configure Networking, and then press Enter.
- In the Networking menu, press 1 or use the arrow keys on your keyboard to select Configure Management Interface and then press Enter.
- Press E to modify the existing settings of the management interface.
To use a static network configuration:
- For the Mgmt IP Mode, enter S, and press Enter.
- For the Mgmt IP Address, enter an IP address, and press Enter.
- For the Mgmt Subnet Mask, enter a subnet mask address, and press Enter.
- For the Mgmt Gateway IP, enter an IP address, and press Enter.
- To use a DHCP network configuration, in the prompt for the Mgmt IP Mode, enter D, and press Enter.
- Enter y and press Enter to confirm that you want to apply the changes.
- After the changes are applied, press Enter to return to the networking menu.
Configure the data interface