Apply a security template to a policy
You can apply a security template to define the policy actions of threat categories. To block known and most suspected categories, you can select the strict template. If you are testing a policy configuration, you can apply the monitor-only template to assign the monitor action to all known and suspected threat categories.
- In the Enterprise Center navigation menu, select .
If you are creating a new policy, click the plus icon and complete these
- Enter a name and description for the policy in the Name and Description field.
To configure a policy
with settings from a predefined template, select one of these templates
and click Continue:
- Strict. Contains settings that block known and most suspected threat categories. Select this template to apply settings that are a best practice for a policy.
- Monitor-only. Logs and reports threats but it does not block them. This template is ideal for testing or assessing policy impact before using the Strict template. This template assigns the monitor policy action to all known and suspected threat categories.
- Custom. Lets you define policy actions for known and suspected threats.
- If you are modifying a policy, click the name of the policy.
- To configure other policy settings, such as proxy settings and the acceptable use policy, see Create a policy and Edit a policy.
- Click Save.