Configure the data interface
By default, the data interface is configured to use the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP). As a result, these settings may already be configured. You can configure a static configuration. If you select a static configuration, make sure that you provide a valid IPv4 address. Currently, the security connector does not support IPv6.
- If you are on the security connector main menu, press 2 or use the arrow keys on your keyboard to select Configure Networking and then press Enter. If you are on the Networking menu, go to step 2.
- In the Networking menu, press 2 or use the arrow keys to select Configure Data Interface and then press Enter.
- Press E to edit the existing settings of the data interface.
To use a static network configuration:
- For the Data IP Mode, enter S, and press Enter.
- For the Data IP Address, enter an IP address, and press Enter.
- For the Data Subnet Mask, enter a subnet mask address, and press Enter.
- For the Data Gateway IP, enter an IP address, and press Enter.
- To use a DHCP network configuration, enter D in the prompt for the Data IP Mode, and press Enter.
- Enter y and press Enter to confirm that you want to apply the changes.
- After the changes are applied, press Enter to return to the networking menu.