Deploy Security Connector on VMware ESXi
Before you begin
- Download Security Connector
- Make sure the OVA file is located on your local computer
This procedure describes how to deploy the Security Connector OVA file in VMware. This procedure uses the vSphere client. For more information on deploying an OVA file or if you choose to create a new virtual machine from the OVA file, see the VMware production documentation.
- Log in to the vSphere client.
- Right-click the data center or resource pool that you want to use for the virtual machine.
- Click Deploy OVF Template. A wizard appears.
- On the Select an OVF template window, select Local file and click Browse to find the Security Connector OVA file. After you find it, click Open and then Next.
- In the Virtual machine name field, enter a unique name for the virtual machine.
- Select a location for the virtual machine and click Next.
- Review the template details and click Next.
- Select the disk format for the virtual machine, the storage policy, and the datastore for the VM. Click Next.
- Select a destination network for each source network. Click Next.
- Review the settings you selected. Click Finish.
Create a Security Connector password