Enable query and response logging
You can temporarily enable query and response logging to help Akamai troubleshoot an issue. These logs are sent and available to Akamai. By default, this setting is disabled. When you enable this setting, you can choose to include or not include the client IP address. You also define how long you want Security Connector to log queries and responses. You can enter any time in minutes that’s up to 480 minutes (8 hours).
After you set a time limit, the remaining time is shown in the Security Connector console.
- In the Security Connector main menu, press 7 or use the arrow keys to select Manage DNS Forwarder and press Enter.
- In the menu that appears, press 3 or if necessary, use the arrow keys to select Query & Response Logging On/Off and press Enter.
- Press C to continue and edit the query and response setting.
To enable query and response logging, do
one of these steps:
- To enable query and response logging without logging the user’s client IP address, press 2 to select Enable without Client IP and press Enter.
- To enable query and response logging with a user’s client IP address, press 3 to select Enable with Client IP Details and press Enter.
In the validity period prompt, enter how
long in minutes you want queries and responses to be logged. You can enter a value that's
up to 480.
For example, in this graphic, DNS Forwarder will log queries and responses for five minutes.
- Press Enter.
In the confirmation window that appears,
enter y to confirm
this change and press Enter. The remaining time where query and response logging is
enabled is shown.
- Press Enter to return to the DNS forwarder menu.
If you want to disable query and response logging before the validity period or the time expires, see Disable query and response logging.