Configure an authentication exception
In a location configuration, you can provide the internal IP addresses of headless computers or devices such as servers or printers that you want to exempt from authentication. With this configuration in place, you can more easily assign a location to a policy enabled for authentication. For more information, see User authentication and group policies.
In the navigation menu, select
.Note: If you are trying the new Enterprise Center interface, in the navigation menu, select .
- To create a new location, see Create a location.
- To edit a location, hover over the location and click the edit icon.
- In the Bypass IPs section, click the link icon.
- In the dialog, click the plus sign icon.
- Enter the IP addresses of computers and devices that you want exempt from authentication.
- Click OK.
- Click Save.
- Make sure the location is assigned to a policy enabled for authentication.
- Deploy the location configuration to the ETP network. For instructions, see Deploy configuration changes.