Configure and upload a custom list text file
When configuring a custom list, you can upload text files that contain known or suspected domains and IP addresses. This procedure allows you to expedite the custom list configuration process because it allows you to add multiple domains or IP addresses at once.
You can modify template text files that you downloaded from Enterprise Threat Protector (ETP) or you can create separate text files that contain the domain and IP address information you need.
- You must be an ETP administrator to upload custom list text files.
- You must provide a list of known IP addresses, known domains, suspected IP addresses, and suspected domains in separate text files.
- Each domain or IP address must be on a separate line in the text file.
- If you are creating a text file with
known or suspected domains, you must provide domains in the format:
- subdomain1 and subdomain2 are subdomains in the domain name.
- domain is the second-level domain.
- .com is the top-level domain or domain extension.
- If you are modifying a template file, replace the examples in the text file with the domain or IP address information you need.
To download a text file template for a known or suspected domain or IP addresses, see Download a list template file. If you prefer to add custom list domains or IP addresses without using text files, see Custom list.
Configure separate text files for known
IP addresses, known domains, suspected IP addresses, and suspected domains:
- In a new text file or a downloaded template text file, provide the information that is specific to the list content. For example, for a known IP address text file, list the IP addresses. Each entry must be on a separate line. If you are modifying a template file, replace the domain or IP address information with the information you need.
- Save the file to an accessible location on your computer.
- Repeat steps 1a and 1b for every text file that you are uploading. Make sure that each IP address or domain entry is on a separate line in the text file.
If you are not already on the
configuration page for a custom list:
In the navigation menu,
.Note: If you are trying the new Enterprise Center interface, in the navigation menu, select .
- Click the name of the custom list that you want to edit or click the edit icon that appears when you hover over the list.
- In the navigation menu, select .
Upload the text files that you
- Go to the tab that corresponds to the text file you want to upload. For example, if you want to upload text files that contain known IP addresses, go to the Known IPs tab.
- Click upload icon.
- In the browser file search window, locate and select the text file you need.
- Repeat steps 3a to 3c for all the text files you want to upload.
Deploy these configuration changes to the ETP network. For more information see Deploy configuration changes.