Configure an Acceptable Use Policy
Complete this procedure to define the website content that you want to allow or block in your network. Depending on your policy configuration, you can also require that users authenticate to access websites, direct blocked websites to a custom response, and configure specific categories to bypass ETP Proxy scanning.
This procedure provides steps for modifying an existing policy. To create a new policy, see Create a policy.
In the navigation menu, select
.Note: If you are trying the new Enterprise Center interface, in the navigation menu, select .
- Click the name of the policy that you want to edit.
- Click the Acceptable Use Policy tab.
- To allow content for any AUP category or subcategory, make sure that the Block option is deselected.
To block content in any of the
provided categories or subcategories, select Block. If
ETP Proxy is not enabled, do one of the following to select the response to the
- To show an end user a custom error page, select Error Page.
- To show an end user a browser-specific error page and direct traffic to a custom response that’s already configured in ETP, select the custom response from the list. To configure a custom response, see Add a custom response.
- If you enabled authentication and you want to grant specific users or groups access to a blocked category, see Grant specific users or groups access to an AUP category or subcategory.
- If you want a category to bypass ETP or ETP Proxy, select the bypass action. This action is useful when you want to protect user privacy in categories that are associated with sensitive information, such as the Finance & Investing and the Healthcare categories.
- Click Save.
Deploy the policy to the ETP network. See Deploy configuration changes.