Add a file hash exception list
Complete this procedure to create a file hash exception list that you can assign to a policy. These lists are automatically given the bypass policy action and avoid data loss protection (DLP) scanning. For more information on DLP, see Data loss prevention.
If you need to generate the hash for a file, see Generate a hash value.
You must be an ETP super administrator, delegated administrator, or a tenant administrator to perform this task.
- In the Enterprise Center navigation menu, select .
- Click the plus sign icon ( ) and select New File Hash Exception List.
- In the List Name field, enter a name for the list.
- In the Description field, enter a description for the list.
- In the provided field, enter or paste the file hashes. Make sure you enter each hash in SHA-256 and it’s formatted with 64 hexadecimal characters.
- Click Save.