Create a proxy credential
To enable proxy authorization in a policy, you must first configure proxy credentials in Enterprise Threat Protector (ETP). Proxy credentials are used to authorize connections requests from the on-premises proxy to ETP Proxy.
By default, the username you create contains an ID number that identifies your organization:
- username is the username you create.
- organizationID is the number that Akamai uses to identify your organization. This ID is automatically added to the username.
- In the Enterprise Center navigation menu, select .
- Click the plus sign icon.
- Enter a username in the provided field.
- Enter a password and retype the password in the provided fields.
- Click the check mark icon to create the proxy credential.
- Click the copy icon next to the username field to copy your username. The username you copy contains an ID that identifies your organization.
- Configure these credentials in the on-premises proxy. Make sure that the username you provide includes the ID. For instructions on configuring these credentials in Squid, see Configure Squid to forward traffic to ETP Proxy.
- Enable proxy authorization. For instructions, see Enable proxy authorization or Enable full web proxy.