In the ETP Client's advanced settings, end users can select the troubleshooting log type.
- Info only. Logs only basic service communication information.
- Verbose. Logs the health of the client and other more detailed information.
- Debug. Records the end user's DNS queries or requests. Also lists detailed trace logs to help IT administrators or Akamai identify the cause of an issue.
The end user's machine typically stores ETP Client log files where the system saves log data.
- On Windows: C:\Windows\Logs\etp_Client.log
- On Mac: /var/log/etp_Client.log
If ETP Client is configured to forward all web traffic to ETP Proxy or to an on-premises proxy that directs traffic to ETP Proxy, additional logs for the client are also available in a separate log file.
- On Windows: C:\Windows\Logs\etp_proxy.log
- On Mac: /var/log/etp_proxy.log