Distribute a certificate to Windows Servers with Group Policy
You can use the Group Policy Management console on Windows servers to distribute certificates to web servers across your network. This procedure applies to Windows Server 2016, 2012 R2, and 2012.
You must be a domain or enterprise administrator to perform this procedure.
- On the domain controller, open the Group Policy Management console.
- Locate or create an existing Group Policy Object (GPO) associated with the user's domain, site, or organizational unit (OU).
- Right-click the GPO and select Edit.
- In the Group Policy Management Editor, click .
- Right-click the Trusted Root Certificate Authorities object type and select Import. The Welcome to the Certificate Import Wizard appears.
- Click Next.
- Browse or enter the location where the certificate is stored, and click Next.
- Make sure Place all certificates in the following store is selected, and click Next.
- Click Finish.