Install ETP Client with setup wizard
Before you begin
- Make sure that you have a downloaded Windows or Mac installation file for ETP Client. For more information, see Download ETP Client.
- Make sure that you verified the SHA-256 checksum value. For more information, see Validate the SHA-256 checksum.
- Make sure that you have an entitlement code or activation code. To view the entitlement code, see View entitlement code. For more information on the activation code, see Bring your own device (BYOD) support.
- If you are installing ETP Client 3.2.0 or later on Windows and Microsoft Visual C++ is not on the machine, install the redistributable package of Visual Studio (vc_redist.x86.exe). To download this package, see Microsoft documentation on the latest supported versions of Visual C++.
- Make sure Web Proxy Auto-Discovery (WPAD) for WinHTTP is running on Windows computers. For more information, see Web Proxy Auto-Discovery (WPAD) on Windows.
These steps describe the installation process with the ETP Client setup wizard. You can perform these steps on a Mac or Windows machine. Test ETP Client in a local environment before installing it on end-user machines.
[global] cert = /path/certificate.pem
- path is the path to the certificate
- certificate is the name of the certificate
Open the installation
where <versionNumber> is the version number of ETP Client.The client setup wizard appears.
- On Windows: etpclient_<versionNumber>_win.msi
- On Mac: etpclient_<versionNumber>_osx.pkg
Click Next or Continue.
The Setup Wizard installs ETP Client.
When the installation is complete, click Next and then
ETP Client is now installed on the end user’s machine.