This section explains the requirements when purging content by URLs.
To ensure that your content is purged successfully, follow these requirements:
- Host names must either be in arlindex.xml or CNAME’d to Akamai.
- URL entries must be full, not partial.
- Wild cards are not supported in Fast Purge. To use wild cards, refer to the Enhanced Content Control Utility and click Refresh by Directory & File Extension.
- A protocol is required, for example, http://, https://, rtmp://, or
mms://.Note: Regardless of whether an http or https protocol is specified, both versions will be purged when submitted.
- A list of URLs cannot exceed 50,000 characters.
- To successfully purge a URL, the portal user must have permissions to purge content associated with that URL’s CP code; otherwise the portal issues an error.