Map by IP address (CIDR blocks) property
CIDR maps split the Internet into multiple CIDR-block zones. Properties that use a map can specify a handout CNAME for each zone on the property's editing page.
To configure a property for CIDR mapping, your domain must have at least one CIDR map defined.
Before you begin
- On the Traffic Management Domains page, select the domain for which you want to add a property and click Add New Property.
- Enter a name in the Property Name field. This is required.
Select Map by IP
address (CIDR blocks) from the Property Type list.
If... Then... If you do not have a CIDR map And the CIDR map property states that you need to create a CIDR map:
- Create a map following the steps in Managing maps (Geographic, CIDR, and AS).
- After you create the map, return to the domain and Property Type list.
- Click Map by IP address (CIDR blocks) to create the property and select a map from the menu.
If you have a CIDR map Select one from the menu under Map by IP address (CIDR blocks) on the Property Types page.
Enter the following information or accept the defaults:
- Comments (optional)
- DNS TTL
- Click Add To Change List & Next. The Traffic Targets page appears.
- Enter a handout CNAME for the geographic zones and default mapping zone.
- Click Add To Change List & Next. The Review page appears.
- On the Review page, you can view the basic property settings and traffic targets and edit the settings if you want to make revisions.
- Click Add To Change List. The Properties tab appears. A green check mark will appear next to the new property.
- Click Review Change List. The Change List Detail dialog appears.
Review the Change List Detail
dialog changes, validate them, add a required comment, and click Activate Domain
to save them.
See Change List Detail Dialog for more information.