Map by AS number property
Autonomous System (AS) maps split the Internet into multiple AS block zones. Properties using AS maps can specify handout CNAME for each zone. AS mapping lets you configure a property that will direct users to a specific environment or to the origin.
Before you begin
- On the Traffic Management Domains page, select the domain for which you want to add a property and click Add New Property.
- Enter a name in the Property Name field. This is required.
Select Map by AS
number from the Property Type list.
If... Then... If you do not have an AS map And the AS map property states that you need to create an AS map:
- Create a map following the steps in Managing maps (Geographic, CIDR, and AS).
- After you create the map, return to the domain and Property Type list.
- Click Map by AS number to create the property and select a map from the menu.
If you have an AS map Select one from the menu under Map by AS number on the Property Types page.
Enter the following information or accept the defaults:
- Comments (optional)
- DNS TTL
- Click Add To Change List & Next. The Traffic Targets page appears.
- Enter a handout CNAME for the geographic zones and default mapping zone.
- Click Add To Change List & Next. The Review page appears.
- On the Review page, you can view the basic property settings and traffic targets and edit the settings if you want to make revisions.
- Click Add To Change List. The Properties tab appears. A green check mark will appear next to the new property.
- Click Review Change List. The Change List Detail dialog appears.
Review the Change List Detail
dialog changes, validate them, add a required comment, and click Activate Domain
to save them.
See Change List Detail Dialog for more information.