Resources are available if the domain’s feature set has either Performance-Based Load Balancing or Weighted Random Load Balancing feature sets and load feedback is enabled. Domains that use the Mirror Failover and IP Version and Maps feature sets will have a disabled Resources tab on the editing page.
The Load Feedback option is only available with contracts that have either Performance-Based Load Balancing or Weighted Random Load Balancing type domains. If you can add resources to your domain, you will see a Resources tab on the editing page that is not grayed out.
- If the Resources tab is not grayed out, your contract lets you add or delete resources from a property.
- Load Feedback Report. Load feedback report lets you view load measurements for a particular domain, grouped and summarized by either by data center or by resource.
- Resource Name. This is a required field. The name can only contain letters, numbers, hyphens, or underscores. The maximum length is 150 characters.
- Description. A description for your resource is optional.
- Aggregation Type. If you
have multiple load servers for a data center or property, use this field’s menu
to select how to handle the different load numbers as:
- Median. Take the median of the values
- Latest. Take the values with the latest timestamp
- Sum. Take the sum of the values
- Upper Bound. An optional sanity check you can configure. If the load object contains a number that exceeds this value, the entire load object is rejected as invalid and GTM continues to use the load values from the most recently acquired load object. The default value is 0. You can register to receive a customer alert when a load object is rejected as invalid.
- Type. The resource type.
Menu options are:
- Non-XML load object via HTTP. A load leader string is required for this type
- XML load object via HTTP
- XML load object via HTTPS
- Non-XML load object via HTTPS
- Push API. Load object settings are not needed for Push API resources.
- Host Header. Enter a name for the host header (not required).
- Load Leader String. Required only for non-XML load objects.
- Constrains. You can select all properties, select properties in your domain, or no properties (none). Test object download time-based properties are not shown.
- Load Objects. For the
default data center and each additional data center provide the following
- Load Servers. Enter the IP address(es) or hostnames of one or more load servers.
- Port. Port number, from 1 to 65535 inclusive
- Load Object. The path (URI) for the load object
- Use Default. You can use the data center's default load object information by checking the box or not checking it to disable using that information.
- Click Add to Change List to return to the Resources page.