Add a new resource
Resources are available if you set the domain's feature set either to Performance-Based Load Balancing or Weighted Random Load Balancing, and if you enable Load Feedback for the domain.
Before you begin
After you save a Performance or Weighted Load Balancing property to the change list, click the Resources tab on the editing tab to access the Resources Page. See Load feedback resources for information about load feedback resources, including guidelines for using them.
- On the Traffic Management Domains page, select the domain for which you want to add a new resource. The Edit Domain Settings page appears.
- Click the Resources tab to add a new resource. The Resources Page appears.
Click Add New Resource.
Enter the following information or accept the default values for each
- Resource Name. This is a required field. The name can contain only letters, numbers, hyphens, or underscores. The maximum length is 150 characters.
- Description. A description for your resource is optional.
Type. If you have multiple load servers for a data center or
property, use this field’s menu to select how to handle the
different load numbers as:
- Median. Take the median of the values
- Latest. Take the values with the latest timestamp
- Sum. Take the sum of the values
- Upper Bound. An optional check you can configure. If the load object contains a number that exceeds this value, the entire load object is rejected as invalid and GTM continues to use the load values from the most recently acquired load object. The default value is 0. You can register to receive a customer alert when a load object is rejected as invalid.
- Type. The
resource type. Menu options are:
- Non-XML load object via HTTP. A load leader string is required for this type.
- XML load object via HTTP
- XML load object via HTTPS
- Non-XML load object via HTTPS
- Push API. Load object settings are not needed for Push API resources
- Host Header. Enter a name for the host header (not required).
- Load Leader String. Required only for non-XML load objects.
- Constrains. You can select all properties, select properties in your domain, or no properties (none). Test object download time-based properties are not shown.
- Load Objects.
Provide the following information for each data center; if the data
center has a default load object configured, you can check Use
- Load Servers. Enter the IP address(es) or hostnames of one or more load servers.
- Port. Port number, from 1 to 65535 inclusive
- Load Object. The path (URI) for the load object
- Use Default. You can use the data center's default load object information by checking the box or not checking it to disable using that information.
Click Add To Change
List. The Resources page appears.
Note: If you selected a specific property in the Constrains field, that property appears in the Constrained Property column. A new resource is indicated by the green check mark icon under Modified.
- Click Review Change List. The Review Change List Detail page appears.
Review the changes in the
Change List Detail dialog, validate them, add a
required comment, and click Activate Domain
to save the changes.
For more information about the Review Change List Detail Dialog, see Review Change List Detail Dialog.