IP Version Selector property
In an IP Version Selector property, GTM provides answers for both A and AAAA queries, which will ease migration to IPv6.
Before you begin
To create an IP Version Selector property, you must have at least one IPv4 property and at least one IPv6 property configured within the same domain; neither property can have CNAMEs or backup CNAMEs.
- On the Traffic Management Domains page, select the domain for which you want to add a property and click Add New Property.
- Enter a name in the Property Name field. This is required.
Select IP Version
Selector from the Property Type list and enter the following
information or accept the defaults:
- Comments (optional)
- DNS TTL
- Click Add To Change & Next. The Traffic Targets page appears.
- Select a property for an A record target and a property for an AAAA record target. For a property to be eligible as a target for an IP Version Selector property, its type cannot be geographic or CIDR map-based load balancing, and it must not have any defined handout CNAMEs.
- Click Add To Change List & Next. The Review page appears.
- Click Add To Change List. The Properties tab appears. A green check mark will appear next to the new property.
- Click Review Change List.
Review the Change List Dialog
changes, validate them, add a required comment, and click Activate Domain
to save them.
See Change List Detail Dialog for more information.