Writing a Search Query
A step-by-step guide to writing Console search queries. If don't want to write your own search queries, then see the article Writing Search Queries by Using Guided Search.
- Search Construction and Syntax.How to build your own search query.
- Mandatory Parts of a Search Query.The three parts of any search query: attributes, operators, target search values.
- Attribute Names.The first thing to do with any search? Figure out what it is you're searching for.
- Operators.Where X is greater than, or less than, or less than or equal to, or ....
- Target Search Values.Because you want to return all the users in Oregon, or in Washington, or in ....
- Searching for String or Numeric Values.Hint: This is really easy. And we do mean really.
- Searching for Datetime Values.Searching for a date has never been this easy (if you know what we mean).
- Searching for Null Values.Yes, you can search for, well, nothing at all.